Purchase from Missguidedus to Canada Experience

I have heard of Missguided for a while now, but I recently decided to make a purchase from them for the first time, and it was a less than desirable outcome.

For those of you who don't know, Missguided is a UK brand that, in the last few years, initiated a US/ Canada website. They are very similar to Forever21, in that that they sell the most trendy clothing for a very affordable price. 

Missguidedus Website Tops

I have been on the hunt for a suede jacket for a while now and of course Missguided would be the site to have one.                 


This is the one I'm talking about.

This jacket goes for $80 USD ($84 CAD). I bought it when it was on sale at $56.00 USD (approximalely $58 CAD). Based on the size guide on the website, I bought a US6 even though I'm always a US4. I figured that Missguided sizes were just smaller. That was my first mistake.

Shipping was free over $50.00 USD. The product was shipped by Fedex from the UK, and it came about a week and a half after I made the purchase. Taxes and duties was $37.35 CAD. I had calculated before the package arrived, and there was no way that that could be the taxes and duties. That's 64% of the value. I called Fedex to inquire about it and got a response like "Ma'am, we do not know. That was the price that customs gave us. Sorry we can't help you."

I paid it anyway, thinking it's still a better price than the All Saints suede jacket I wanted. When I got it, the jacket was too big for me. The size 4 would have been the right size.

As for the quality, being objective, I would say that the jacket was gorgeous and extremely soft. The jacket flowed! The colour was lighter than the picture on the website, but it was the taupe colour that I wanted.

missguided faux suede biker jacket
This is the jacket I got.

I looked into returning the jacket, in which case, I was told to ship to a Canada location within 14 days of the delivery. Shipping was way too high despite the fact that I could've easily dropped off the package since the warehouse wasn't that far from my house.

I e-mailed Missguided to see of I could do that, and this was the response I got:

Hey.
Thanks for your email.
I'm sorry but you can't drop your return at the warehouse as we are an online based company we don't do returns like that you will have to ship it out.
I hope this answers your questions.
Thanks
Customer Care Advisor 

Oh dear, all the grammar mistakes in that one sentence. 

So anyway, now I'm left with a jacket that's too big. 

Lesson of the day:

  1. Don't buy from Missguided.
  2. If you must, the size guide is off. Go with your normal size. 
  3. Try not to buy from Missguided if you live in Canada. 
Well no wonder there is no review section on the website. I would've posted my review there.




3 comments:

  1. hmmm facing a similar issue . only this time its been a month and i still cant get my package released by customs

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm facing a similar issue . only this time its been a month and i still cant get my package released by customs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m facing the same issue right now. I already paid for the shipping and they want me to pay taxes again.

    ReplyDelete

 
UA-61034250-1